Going Back
He knows.
He comprehends on some level that I’m going back.
He refused to fall asleep last night, afraid once he closed his eyes that mommy would be gone. He’s been extra clingy lately, and I’m not sure if it’s because we’ve been talking about mommy going back to China, if it’s because we’re approaching his 2 year Gotcha Day anniversary, or maybe it’s just being 4 years old. But last night, knowing I would be gone on a plane to China when he woke up, he wouldn’t let go. His eyes would get heavy and close, but as soon as I tried to sneak away, an arm or a leg could capture me.
Sweet boy, I’m not going for good. You better believe I’ll be coming back home. But in the over the next 10 days, I get to tell your Ayis how you are growing and flourishing! I get to encourage them that the care they tirelessly provide to the children in their watch makes a difference - that you are proof that children living in institutions don’t have to be delayed developmentally just because of their circumstances. I get to reassure them that love makes a difference 💕


Comments
Post a Comment